CV of Failures
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Most of what we publicly show of ourselves is positive.
This can give others the impression that they are the odd one out, who has failures when everyone else only seems to succeed.
But in reality, everybody fails—we simply hide the failures.
This CV of failures aims to make my efforts more transparent, and to provide a more balanced perspective on my career.
This idea is not new, but originates from an article by Melanie Stefan.
Conference Paper Rejections
- ESOP 2023
- OOPSLA 2022 (both rounds of submission!)
- PLDI 2021
- ICFP 2019
- MFCS 2018
- LICS 2018
Fellowship and Award Rejections
- Penn CTL Graduate Fellowship 2021-2022
- NSERC PGS D 2021
- Facebook Fellowship 2021
- Penn CTL Graduate Fellowship 2020-2021
- NSERC PGS D 2020
- NSERC CGS M 2018 at McGill
- NSERC CGS M 2018 at uOttawa
- UWaterloo K.D. Fryer Medal 2018
Rejected School and Job applications
- CMU CS PhD program 2018
- Around 100 software engineering internships at UWaterloo, 2014-2016
- Student volunteering at conferences, all the time
- PLDI 2020 SRC, where the top 3 posters win a prize, there were 4 entrants, and I got 4th